CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Dinner For Eight

Recently my church has started a "dinner club". A dinner club, in this case at least, consists of a certain amount of people (whoever signs up) who all agree to host a dinner at their house. The way my church did it was 12 couples and 2 singles (I being one of them) signed up and we were all divided into groups. Two groups have 8 people (4 couples) and then the third group has 10 people... that happens to be the group that my parents are in. Each month one of the couples has a dinner at their house, this lasts for four months so each couple gets a chance to host. Well, except for the one my parents are in... one of the couples won't have the time.
It doesn't have to be just couples. As I noted earlier, there are two singles and I am one of them. In that case, the single is treated as a "couple"... I will be hosting a dinner by myself which is perfectly fine with me.
On the 5th month (when the 4 months are over, apparently) we will all meet up and do it all over again. By this time some couples will join, some might drop out, but we will all be regrouped.

Oh, and for the singles... we can bring a "date". Vance isn't in the least bit interested in this, so I offered the spot to my SIL because she was interested in it, my brother just didn't want to do it. That and she likes the group I'm in.

Over the months, there might be another couple that isn't already grouped interested in joining, in which case one of the groups will invite them to have dinner with them.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
We received our group list last night and my mind is going CRAZY!!!
To be honest, between helping my mom plan a suprise birthday party for my dad, planning Danas birthday party, Julias baby shower, my dinner and Miles' birthday party (events will most likely happen in that order) I do feel a little bombarded. I haven't touched my planner since I worked at the Polo Club coordinating weddings and other events... I resurfaced it today! Although I do feel bombarded, I love it. I LOVE event planning, so it's a great thing for me to be able to do this!

The look I am going for is Moroccan, thanks to The Hostess With The Mostess (she's quite fabulous!)

However, even though the decor will be Moroccan, the food will be what I am best at... tiramisu!

I have been playing with decorating the table, but there will actually be two tables decorated since we don't have one huge, only 2 small round ones.
That's fun though because that means I get to decorate them two different ways. I will keep the color scheme, dishes, napkins, glassware, silverware and POSSIBLY even the table cloth colors the same but the "centerpieces" will be different. Especially since the idea is Moroccan, it works!

0 comments: